Sweet Like Strawberries
🍓🍓🍓Sweet like Strawberries 🍓🍓🍓
For real. Summer is officially over tomorrow, and while I am ready for the cool weather the strawberry sips and sweet drinks can stay a while. This summer I found my new FAVORITE beverage the ever-popular Pink Drink at Starbucks. If you have not tried it, you might want to whip up this easy recipe at home.
Why do I love this?
1. Think of a healthier version of a strawberry shake, as Starbucks uses Coconutmilk and bursts of strawberries.
2. It’s light and refreshing as Starbucks even said the drink has “Accents of passion fruit” and “It’s a fruity and refreshing sip of spring, no matter what time of year.”
3. Don’t wait until next summer or spend $4.00 a beverage. Save your money and make your own delicious version at home.
4. All my Pink Starburst fan club members out there, you know who you are, this is our drink.
5. If you haven’t tried freeze-dried fruit, you will be hooked. Different from dried fruit, like raisins and cranberries, freeze-dried fruit is light and airy. It adds an exciting texture and flavor to your beverage with a crunch factor.
6. Steps below. First, you make the strawberry simple syrup (which you can use for other beverages, as well, if you are creative). Then, it is time to mix up your Pink Drink and enjoy!
Simple Strawberry Syrup Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins; Cook Time: 10 mins; Total Time: 15 mins
This simple strawberry syrup recipe only uses 3 ingredients! Ingredients:
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
1⁄2 cup water
1. Using a medium saucepan add strawberries, granulated sugar, and water. Bring the ingredients to a boil over medium-low heat. Reduce heat and allow to simmer about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into jar of a blender. Blend on high speed for 5-10 seconds or until ingredients are smooth.
2. Place ingredients in a sealable Tupperware or bowl. Cover and chill for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
Pink Drink Instructions
A Tablespoon (or desired amount) of simple Strawberry Syrup
1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
1 cup ice cubes
1/4 cup freeze-dried strawberries (I bought mine at Trader Joe's)
Put your Simple Strawberry Syrup at the bottom of the glass.
Add coconut milk, ice, and mix as needed until chilled and sufficient strawberry flavor.
Top with freeze-dried strawberries.